Article: Eirik Hyldbakk Furu – Gamereactor.cnStarfield was only a week away when Bethesda Game Studios announced some of the improvements they planned to make in the upcoming update, so many people were leaving the game two months later without getting some of the most needed fixes, which was somewhat of a It’s understandable. And I’m happy to share that we can finally cross two projects off our list. Because you can now download a new update for Starfield, which includes many other improvements, the option to directly ingest food and drink without having to enter the menu, and Nvidia DLSS support. Here’s everything else it does:Performance and stability
- Fixed many memory-related issues and leaks.
- Added some GPU performance optimizations that will have a bigger impact on high-end graphics cards.
- Improved renderer threading model, improving CPU usage, especially on high-end systems.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Added the ability to eat food placed in the world.
- Tweaked stealth to be more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where Andreja’s head would be permanently hidden.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from firing weapons.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs could be seen without clothes (note: this issue may resolve itself over time).
- Fixed an issue where skill challenges that were already in progress could stop progressing after reaching Unity and starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue where the inventory may not be opened or saved temporarily after entering Unity.
- PC: Fixed an issue where mouse movement could be unstable.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the mothership to be lost.
- Fixed an issue where ship service technicians could go missing.
- Fixed an issue where the camera could occasionally shake incorrectly during travel, gravity jump, dock, or landing transitions.
- Addressed an issue with how ambient occlusion occurs at ultrawide resolutions.
- Optimized the initial shader compilation that occurs on startup.
- Added the ability to adjust Brightness and Contrast in the Display Settings menu.
- Added the ability to adjust HDR brightness if supported by the system. (Xbox and Windows 11 only).
- Resolved some materials that could sometimes exhibit unexpected patterns under certain conditions.
- Fixed various visual issues related to the new FOV slider option.
- Improved the appearance of crowd character eyes.
- Resolved many minor visual issues related to lighting, shadows, terrain, and vegetation.
- PC: Fixed additional visual issues related to DLSS.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed a rare issue where players were unable to sit down while negotiating with Musgrove.
- Explosion Zone: Fixed an issue where hard rocks that the player needs to clear would not appear on Ngodup Tate’s land.
- Echoes of the Past: Fixed an issue where Queen Griloba was sometimes unable to be contacted during the objective “Protect the Shuttle Bay”.
- Eye of the Storm: Fixed an issue where player progress on missions could be blocked due to missing docking prompts.
- Grunt’s Job: Addressed an issue where progress could be blocked when completing “Supra et Ultra” when returning to the hut during “High Price”.
- No Sudden Moves: Fixed an issue that could prevent the Scow ship’s entrance door from opening again.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed an issue where the key required to exit the facility would sometimes not be present.
- Breaking: Fixed an issue where players might not be able to find David Barron.
- Myopia: Fixed an issue where players would rarely get control locked while talking to Vladimir.
- Heart of Mars: Fixed an issue where players might not be able to mine Heart of Mars.
What would you like them to fix and/or improve next? Source: Gamereactor.cn